30 Aug Call for Journalists: The Frontline Investigative Program 2023
Orodata Science and Africa Data Hub are excited to announce our upcoming Journalist Training Program, designed to empower journalists with the skills and knowledge necessary to navigate the dynamic world of media.
This training program will run in sync with Orodata Science’s data collection project for Primary Health Care (PHC), as journalists based in six selected Nigerian states will participate in the data collection process. And data collected will facilitate the basis of stories from journalists.
We have crafted a comprehensive curriculum that will equip you with the tools to excel in today’s rapidly evolving media landscape.
Date: 1st September 2023 – 30th January, 2024.
Training Mode: Virtual
Duration: 4 months
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2023.
- Digital Journalism: Master crafting compelling stories for the digital age. Learn about content creation, social media engagement, and effective use of multimedia elements.
- Investigative Reporting: Uncover the secrets behind investigative journalism. Explore techniques for in-depth research, source verification, and uncovering hidden truths.
- Interviewing Skills: Develop the art of conducting impactful interviews. Learn strategies to put your subjects at ease, extract valuable information, and construct thought-provoking narratives.
- Data Journalism: Embrace data-driven storytelling. Discover how to analyse and present data effectively to enhance the credibility and impact of your journalism.
- Ethics and Legal Considerations: Delve into the ethical dilemmas journalists often face. Gain insights into navigating legal boundaries, protecting sources, and upholding journalistic integrity.
- Seasoned Industry Experts and Workshops: Engage with seasoned journalists, media experts, and thought leaders who will share their experiences and insights. Participate in interactive workshops to sharpen your practical skills.
- Real-World Application: The Orodata Training Program is not just about theory; it’s about practical, real-world application. You will have the opportunity to work on live projects related to Primary Health Care in your communities. These projects will enable you to apply your newly acquired skills and produce stories that can bring about meaningful change.
To apply for The Frontline Investigative Program, please follow these steps:
- Complete the application form.
- Upload your resume and a cover letter detailing your passion for journalism and your expectations from the program.
- Submit your application by 31st August, 2023.
Please note: If you do not Live / Reside currently in any of these States (Anambra, Benue, Cross River, Osun, Taraba, Sokoto), do not apply for this Training Program.
Who Should Apply:
This program is open to individuals who are:
- Aspiring journalists, living in the above mentioned states in Nigeria, seeking to kick-start their career in media.
- Investigative journalists who aim to tell deep insightful investigative stories on pressing community issues.
- Experienced journalists and freelancers who aim to enhance their skill set and adapt to modern media trends.
- Media enthusiasts with a strong desire to explore the world of journalism.
Join us in the quest to transform healthcare reporting in Nigeria through the power of data-driven journalism. Together, we can make a difference, one story at a time.